Vinyl pool liners are a common choice when it comes to the type of pool people prefer. When properly maintained and cared for, your vinyl pool liner can prevent mold and algae grow, they prevent leaks and beautify the pool. However, one problem you may be familiar with is wrinkles. Unfortunately, besides being unattractive they can be the site of future damage, you don’t have to be obsessive-compulsive to be concerned about the wrinkles in your pool. Today, we at Metropolitan Pools would like to further discuss vinyl liner pool wrinkles and their solutions. It is likely that the liner was improperly measured if you have noticed wrinkles from the time of installation. As the material folds over itself, wrinkling would likely occur if in the event the liner size used was too big.
Why Am I Getting Wrinkles in My Pool Liner?
1) The Liner has Torn. The liner bunches up in places due to small tears or leaks causes water to seep underneath the liner.
2) Temperature of the Water. It can cause wrinkles when the water is cold the vinyl will harden.
3) Undissolved Chemicals. They can cause the liner to crumple if granular pool chemicals such as chlorine tablets do not dissolve.
4) Water pH Balance. This typically happens when the pool water stays below 7.0 frequently as the shrinkage can occur with the water is too acidic.
5) Water is Lost. The vinyl liner contracts when water is lost.
6) Excessive Water. Water may bulge under the liner, and then when the water recedes, wrinkles are left behind if in the event you have had more rain than usual and the soil around your pool is saturated.
How Do I Get the Wrinkles Out of My Inground Pool?
1) Heat Up the Water. Simply increasing the pool temperature could solve your problems, since as stated above colder water can cause wrinkles.
2) Liner Needs Adjusting. Adjustments may be harder than it sounds. Drain the water of the pool and leave at least 4 inches. You can pull and adjust the liner so that it tightens, smoothing out the wrinkles after the pool has been drained you. Once satisfied, refill the pool.
3) Walk Along the Liner. If the pool has been sitting with little water, an easy fix is to empty the water there is and replace it with clean water. As you walk across the liner, make sure to use bare feet or soft-soled shoes, stretching it as the pool refills.
You find yourself often fighting wrinkles this could be pointing to a bigger problem that requires a professional since your wrinkles vinyl liner can be an annoyance and can also cause problems in the long run. If you have tried all the little ways to fix the problem it may be time to replace the liner, as not every fix needs professional help.
Vinyl Pool Installation, Repair, Maintenance & More in Sandusky, Lorain, Elyria, Medina, Parma, Mentor, Akron & Greater Cleveland, Ohio
When you need vinyl pool repairs or installation in the Greater Cleveland & Akron, OH, the experts of the Metropolitan Pools is readily available to provide quality assistance.