If you have a vinyl pool in your backyard, the liner is the most important part of the pool. You need to care for and maintain it properly to extend its life and get as many years as possible out of it. If you have a pool, you want to do anything in your power to keep your vinyl protected from any potential damage. There are many small things that you can do to extend the life of your vinyl pool. Metropolitan Pools is here to offer our best tips to keep that liner safe.
How Do I Protect My Vinyl Pool Liner?
Following are some of the easiest and best ways to make sure your vinyl liner doesn’t accidentally get damaged.
– Never Let Vinyl Pool Liner Dry Out: It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is; you never want to drain all of the water out of your vinyl pool. When the vinyl is exposed to air, it starts to shrink and will crack. The older the liner gets, the more susceptible it is going to be. When you are wanting to clean your pool out, make sure there is always 6-12 inches of water in the shallowest part of the pool.
– Keep Sharp Objects Away from Vinyl Pool Liner: If you think about your backyard, there are likely several things you can think of right away that are sharp enough to rip a hole in the vinyl liner of your pool. This could include sharp branches, yard tools, and even some of the toys your kids play with. Make sure these are kept far away from your pool area to avoid causing damage to your pool.
– Allow Only Pool Toys in Vinyl Pool: Your kids will more than likely try and sneak many of their toys into the pool area if you let them. You should make a strict rule to only allow pool toys in the pool to avoid damage to the liner. Some toys are sharp and can make you regret not making this rule.
– Use Pool Equipment Made for Vinyl Pools: Make sure you’re using the right pool equipment on your pool to care for and maintain it. You want to make sure you’re not just using any pool equipment since not all of them are made for vinyl pools.
– Prevent Sun Fading: The sun can do a number on your vinyl pool liner. Keeping the liner safe from sun fade will help you avoid premature liner replacement.
Vinyl Pool Installation, Repair, Maintenance & More in Sandusky, Lorain, Elyria, Medina, Parma, Mentor, Akron & Greater Cleveland, Ohio
If your vinyl liner has sustained damaged somehow, you can turn to Metropolitan Pools to help you get a new vinyl liner installed in your backyard before pool season is here again. We will walk you through the process of keeping your vinyl liner protected from the elements and anything else that could potentially damage it so that you get as many years as possible out of your pool. Call us today!